Professor Dr. Touhid Bhuiyan is working as the Head of the Department of Software Engineering, Daffodil International University, Bangladesh. He is also the Director of Cyber Security Center of the same University. His research interests are in cyber security, big data analysis, intelligent recommendations, social network, trust management, database management and e-Learning in general. He is the recipient of Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) and Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s Initiative Scholarship from QUT, Australia. Before joining at Daffodil International University, he was employed by several renowned organizations including The University of Western Australia, Central College Sydney, Queensland University of Technology, University of Western Sydney, East West University etc. He has more than 20 years’ experience in teaching, research and working at the IT industry in Australia, Singapore, Malaysia and Bangladesh. Previously he served the People’s University of Bangladesh as the Chairperson of the Department of CSE and the East West University as the Assistant Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering.
PhD in Computer Science, Queensland University of Technology, Australia.
M.Sc. in Computer Science, American University in London, UK.
B.Sc. (Hons.) in Computing and Information Systems, University of London, UK.
Computer Science and Engineering, Software Engineering.
Social Network Analysis
- Islam, M. A., Ahmed, K., Asaduzzaman, A., Paul, B. K., Bhuiyan, T., Sen, S., Islam, M. S., Chowdhury, S. (2017) Design of single mode spiral photonic crystal fiber for gas sensing applications.Sensing and Bio-Sensing Research. Elsevier B.V. (In Press)
- Ali, S., Ahmed, N., Aljunid, S., Islam, M., Rana, S., Bhuiyan, T. (2017). Effects of Triangular Core Rotation of a Hybrid Porous Core Terahertz Waveguide.International Journal of Electronics and Telecommunications. Vol 63, No 1, pp.25-31, ISSN 2300-1933.
- Sahmsujjoha, M. and Bhuiyan, T. (2016). A Content-Based Image Retrieval Semantic Model for Shaped and Unshaped Objects.IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 43-60, ISSN 2278-8727.
- Asaduzzaman, S., Ahmed, K., Bhuiyan, T. and Farah, T. (2016)Hybrid Photonic Crystal Fiber in Chemical Sensing.SpringerPlus, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1.
- Asaduzzaman, S., Chakraborty, S., Hossain,M. G.,Bashar, M. I. andBhuiyan, T., Chandan, S. S. and Ahmed, K. (2016). Hazardous Consequences of Polygamy, Contraceptives and Number of Children on Cervical Cancer in a Low Incoming Country: Bangladesh.Cumuhuriate Science Journal, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp-74-84.
- Asaduzzaman, S., Ahmed, K. and Bhuiyan, T. and Arif, M. F. H. (2016).Design of a Simple Structure Gas Sensor based on Hybrid Photonic Crystal Fiber.Cumuhuriate Science Journal, Vol 37, No. 3, pp. 187-196.
- Bhuiyan, T., Alam, D. and Farah, T. (2015). Evaluating the Readiness of Cyber Resilient Bangladesh. Journal of Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (JITST), Vol. 4, No.3, pp. 405-415, ISSN 2046-3723.
- Bhuiyan, T., Peng, W. W. and Mahmud, I. (2015). Measuring learning motivation of students in supply chain management games setting: a case study of Innov8.0 game.Problems and Perspectives in Management, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 92-101,ISSN 1727-7051.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Mahmud, I. (2015). Flip Classroom: An Innovative Way of Teaching to Excel Learning. Canadian International Journal of Science and Technology, Vol. 2, No.1, pp. 241-249, ISSN 2356-9085.
- Asaduzzaman, S., Ahmed, K., Chakraborty, S., Hossain, G., Bashar, M. I., Bhuiyan, T. and Chandan, S. S.(2015). Anticipation of the Significance of Risk Factors in Cervical Cancer for Low Incoming Country: Bangladesh Perspective.International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research, Vol. 6, No. 11, pp. 876-881, ISSN 2229-5518.
- Ahmed, K., Asaduzzaman, S., Bashar, M. I., Hossain, G. and Bhuiyan, T. (2015).Association Assessment among Risk Factors and Breast Cancer in a Low Income Country: Bangladesh. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Vol. 16, No. 17, pp. 7507-7512, ISSN 1513-7368.
- Bhuiyan, T., Khan, S., and Nahar, A. (2014). Evaluation of the Effectiveness of a Web-based e-Learning System for Tertiary Educational Institution.Lecture Notes on Software Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 6-10, ISSN 2301-3559.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Kundo, R. (2014).Developing and Evaluating a Desktop-Based Learning Management System.Journal of Modern Science and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 82-99, ISSN 2201-6686.
- Ripon, S., Hossain, S. J. and Bhuiyan, T. (2014). Logic-Based Analysis of Product Line Variant Model.International Journal on Recent Trends in Engineering & Technology, Vol. 11, No. 2,pp. 541-550, ISSN 2158-5555.
- Bhuiyan, T., Mahmud, I., and Alam, B. (2013).Usability Analysis of SMS Alert System for Immunization in the Context of Bangladesh.International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, No. 11, pp. 300-305, ISSN 2321-7308.
- Ripon, S., Hossain. S. J. and Bhuiyan T. (2013). Managing and Analysing Software Product Line Requirements. International Journal of Software Engineering & Applications, Vol. 4, No. 5, pp. 63-75, ISSN 0976-2221.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2010). A Survey on the Relationship between Trust and Interest Similarity in Online Social Networks.Journal of Emerging Technologies in Web Intelligence, Vol 2, Issue 4, pp. 291-299, ISSN 1798-0461.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Josang, A. (2010). Analysing Trust Transitivity and the Effects of Unknown Dependence. International Journal of Engineering Business Management, Vol 2, Issue 1, pp. 23-28, ISSN 1847-9790.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2009). Taxonomy of Online Opinion Mining Research. International Transactions on Computer Science and Engineering, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 220-230, ISSN 1738-6438.
- Pavel, D., Chowdhury, S. H., Bhuiyan, T. and Shah, F (2005).An ideal approach towards Integration of Bangla Computing Support in OpenOffice.org using Unicode.The Journal of Victoria University,Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 58-63, ISSN 1818-0868.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2013). Trust for Intelligent Recommendation. SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering,Springer New York, ISBN 978-1-4614-6894-3.
- Razzak, M. A., Bhuiyan, T. and Ahmed, R. (2015). Knowledge Management in Distributed Agile Software Development Projects. Mercier-Laurent, E., Owoc, M. L., Boulanger, D., Editor, Artificial Intelligence for Knowledge Management. Vol. 469, SpringerNature Switzerland, ISBN: 978-3-319-28867-3.
- Imtiaz-Ud-Din, K. M., Bhuiyan, T. and Ripon, S. (2014). Circle of Trust- One Hop Trust Based Security Paradigm for Resource Constraint MANET. Mohapatra, D. P. and Patnaik, S., Editor, Intelligent Computing, Networking, and Informatics.Vol. 243, Springer India, ISBN978-81-322-1664-3.
- Bhuiyan, T., Josang, A. and Xu, Y. (2010). Managing Trust in Online Social Networks. Furht, B., Editor,Handbook of Social Network Technologies and Applications. Springer US, ISBN 978-1-4419-7141-8.
- Bhuiyan, T., Josang, A. and Xu, Y. (2010). Trust and Reputation Management in Web-based Social Network. Usmani, Z., Editor, Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agents. In-Tech, Croatia. ISBN 978-953-7619-85-5.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y., Josang, A., Liang, H. and Cox, C. (2010). Developing Trust Networks Based on User Tagging Information for Recommendation Making. Chen, L., Triantafillou, P. and Suel, T. Editor, Web Information System Engineering.LNCS Vol. 6488, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-642-17615-9.
- Josang, A., Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. and Cox, C. (2008). Combining Trust and Reputation Management for Web-Based Services.Furnell, S., Katsikas, S. and Lioy, A., Editor, Trust, Privacy and Security in Digital Business. LNCS Vol. 5185, SpringerBerlin Heidelberg, ISBN 978-3-5408-5734-1.
- Rana, M. S., Sarker, K., Bhuyian, T. and Hassan, M. M. (2017).Comparing the Performance of Different Ultrasonic Image Enhancement Techniques for Speckle Noise Reduction in Ultrasound Images: A Preference Study.Proceedings of the 2017 the Second International Workshop on Pattern Recognition, May 1-3, 2017, Singapore.
- Rana, M. S., Hassan, M. M. and Bhuiyan, T. (2017).An Enhanced Model for Inpainting on Digital Images Using Dynamic Masking. Proceedings of the 2017 International Conference on Frontiers of Image Processing,March 3-5, 2017, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Haque, S., Bhuiyan, T. and Hassan, M. M. (2017). An Investigation of Health Sector Web Applications in Bangladesh: A Case Study on Cross Site Scripting.146th International Academic Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovations (IACETI), Bali, Indonesia, 2017.
- Haque, S. and Bhuiyan, T. (2017). Rise of Ransomware and the Readiness of Bangladesh. 10th International Conference on Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (ICLTET’2017), Pattaya, Thailand, 2017, pp.75-79.
- Begum, A., Hassan, M. M., Bhuiyan, T. and Sharif, M. H. (2016).RFI and SQLi based local file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications of Bangladesh. International Workshop on Computational Intelligence (IWCI), Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2016, pp. 21-25.
- Hassan, M. M., Bhuiyan, T. and Biswas, S. (2016). An Investigation of Education Web Applications in Bangladesh: A Case Study on Local File Disclosure Vulnerability.The4th International Conference on Engineering & Technology, Computer, Basic & Applied Sciences (ECBA), 19-20 Nov, 2016, Sydney, Australia.
- Nadir, A. M., Saudi, M. M. and Bhuiyan, T. (2016). A Systematic Review Analysis for Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) based on Bio-Inspired Algorithm. The 4thPostgraduate Seminar FST 2016 (KoSiST’16), 7 Nov, 2016, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia, Nilai, Malaysia. [Paper will be publishedin Malaysian Journal of Science, Health and Technology]
- Bhuiyan, T. and Mahmud, I. (2015). Searching Barriers of Technology Enabled Innovation: Role of Technostress and Switching-Exhaustion.International Conference of Inclusive Innovation and Innovative Management,25-26Nov, 2015, Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University,Pathumthani, Thailand.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Mahmud, I. (2015). Digital Game-based Education: A Meta Analysis.International Conference of Inclusive Innovation and Innovative Management,25-26Nov, 2015, Valaya Alongkorn Rajabhat University,Pathumthani, Thailand.
- Alam, D., Bhuiyan, T., Kabir, M. A. and Farah, T. (2015). SQLi Vulnerability in Education Sector Websites of Bangladesh.The Second International Conference on Information Security and Cyber Forensics,15-17Nov, 2015, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Alam, D., Kabir, M. A., Bhuiyan, T. and Farah, T. (2015). A Case Study of SQL Injection Vulnerabilities Assessment of .bd Domain Web Applications. The Fourth International Conference on Cyber Security, Cyber Warfare, and Digital Forensic, 29-31 Oct, 2015, Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Farah, T.,Alam, D., Kabir, M. A., and Bhuiyan, T. (2015). SQLi Penetration Testing of Financial WebApplications: Investigation of Bangladesh Region.World Congress on Internet Security,19-21Oct, 2015, Dublin, Ireland.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Mahmud, I. (2014). Flip Classroom: An Innovative Way of Teaching to Excel Learning.International Conference on Advances in Computer Science, Engineering and Architecture,19-20Nov, 2014, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, Canada.
- Bhuiyan, T., Khan, S., and Nahar, A. (2013). Evaluation of the Effectiveness of a Web-based e-Learning System for Tertiary Educational Institution.5th International Conference on Software Technology and Engineering, 28-29 Sept, 2013, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam.
- Ripon, S., Hossain, S. J. and Bhuiyan, T. (2013). Logic-Based Analysis of Product Line Variant Model.Second International Conference on Recent Trends in Communication Engineering and Network Technologies, 11-12 July, 2013, Dubai, UAE.
- Bhuiyan, T., Yousuf, K. B., Khan, S., Nahar, A. and Ali, N. Y. (2013). Development of a Web-based e-Learning System for Teaching Institution.3rd International Conference on Intelligent Computational Systems, 29-30 April, 2013, Singapore.
- Imtiaz-Ud-Din, K. M., Bhuiyan, T. and Ripon, S. (2013). Circle of Trust- One Hop Trust Based Security Paradigm for Resource Constraint MANET.International Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics, 12-14 June, 2013, Chhattisgarh, India.
- Bhuiyan, T. and Kundo, R.(2012). Implementation of a Learning Management System to support e-Learning courses.Global Engineering, Science and Technology Conference, 28-29 Dec, 2012, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y., Josang, A., Liang, H. and Cox, C. (2010). Developing Trust Networks Based on User Tagging Information for Recommendation Making. The 11th International Conference on Web Information System Engineering. 12-14 Dec, 2010, Hong Kong, China.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. and Josang, A. (2010). SimTrust: A New Method of Trust Network Generation.The 6th International Symposium on Trusted Computing and Communications. 11-13 Dec, 2010, Hong Kong, China.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. And Josang, A. (2010). The Potential Relationship between Trust and Interest Similarity.The 11th International Conference on Internet Computing. 12-15 July, 2010, Nevada, USA.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. And Josang, A. (2010). A Review of Trust in Online Social Networks to Explore New Research Agenda. The 11th International Conference on Internet Computing. 12-15 July, 2010, Nevada, USA.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. And Josang, A. (2009). State-of-the-Art Review on Opinion Mining from Online Customers’ Feedback.The 9th Asia-Pacific Complex Systems Conference, 4-7 November, 2009, Tokyo, Japan.
- Bhuiyan, T., Josang, A. and Xu, Y. (2009). An Analysis of Trust Transitivity Taking Base Rate into Account.The Symposia of the 6th International Conference on Autonomic and Trusted Computing, 7-9 July, 2009, Brisbane, Australia.
- Josang, A., Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. and Cox, C. (2008). Combining Trust and Reputation Management for Web-Based Services.The 5th International Conference on Trust, Privacy & Security in Digital Business. 1-5 September, 2008, Turin, Italy.
- Josang, A. and Bhuiyan, T. (2008). Optimal Trust Network Analysis with Subjective Logic.The Second International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies, August 25-31, 2008. Cap Esterel, France.
- Bhuiyan, T., Xu, Y. and Josang, A. (2008). Integrating Trust with Public Reputation in Location-based Social Networks for Recommendation Making.The Workshop of the International Conference on Web Intelligence and Intelligent Agent Technology, Dec 9-12, 2008, Sydney, Australia.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2010). Impact of Knowledge Sharing in Supply Chain Networks. The 9th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering. 12-15 July, 2010, Nevada, USA.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2010). A Model of a Feed Forward Multi Layered Neural Network to Recognize Hand Written Bengali Digits.The 12th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence. 12-15 July, 2010, Nevada, USA.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2010). Exploring the Challenges of E-Learning Adoption in Developing Countries.International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies. 5-7 July, 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
- Bhuiyan, T. (2010). A Survey on Acceptability of E-Learning MBA Offered by the Private Universities in Bangladesh. International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies. 5-7 July, 2010, Barcelona, Spain.
- Bhuiyan, T., Rahman, A. and Abbey, S. (2010). Derivation of Design Rainfall Temporal Patterns in Australia’s Gold Coast Region.The 9th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Engineering. 12-15 July, 2010, Nevada, USA.
- Rahman, A., Islam, M. and Bhuiyan T. (2009). An Algorithm for Derivation of Design Rainfall Temporal Patterns for Short and Long Duration Storms. The 2nd International Conference on Water & Flood Management. March 15-17, 2009, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Rahman, A., Islam, M. and Bhuiyan, T. (2008). A Windows-Based Computing Tool for Rainwater Tank Analysis and Design in Multi-storied Developments.The 4th International Conference on Water Resources and Environment Research. pp 2755-2766, 14-17 April 2008, Adelaide, Australia.
- Masum, S., Ali, A. and Bhuiyan, T. (2006). Asynchronous Leader Election in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks.The 20th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications. Volume 2, pp 827-831, Vienna, Austria.
Award and Scholarship:
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2008, Australian Govt.
- DGF-KTC ICT Scholarship, 2005, Ministry of Information and Communication, Korean Govt.
- CICC Scholarship in IT, 2004, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japanese Govt.
- Commercialisation Training Scheme Scholarship, Australian Govt.
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s Award, QUT, Australia
- FIT Top-up Scholarship, 2009-10, QUT, Australia
- FIT Faculty Scholarship, 2007-08, QUT, Australia
Receives the “Award for Excellent Achievement” as the best participant in the e-Learning Contents Development Course from CICC, Tokyo, Japan.